Opportunity Zone Events
Browse the events we have curated below. Want to add an event? Reach out to us.
- This event has passed.
Opportunity Zones: Wiregrass Symposium
November 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
About this Event
● OPPORTUNITY ZONE BASICS
○ Tax Incentives: What are the regulations, benefits, and timelines?
○ Demographics: How/Where/Who is specifically impacted and enriched by OP ZONES?
○ Capital Gains: Are you eligible to fund projects or have your project be selected for investment?
● INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
○ The Power of Public-Private Partnerships: How to ensure equity during every phase of your project.
○ Community Reinvestment vs Gentrification: Maintaining ethics in commercial development while retaining the local culture.
● POTENTIAL CAPITAL PROJECTS
○ Facilitating Sustainable Community Development
○ Funding Viable Investment Opportunities
○ Positioning Your Project for Funding
Parking for The Studio in Troy can be found in the adjacent lot within the “Town Square”, directly across from the Tourism Center/The Studio, as well as on the streets surrounding the building (301 E. Walnut Street or North Market Street).
The City of Troy
The Alabama Association of CDCs